Monday, June 21, 2010

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Light and Refreshing! This recipe came from PC Casual Cooking. It is so yummy! I'll give it a 4.

Dressing:

juice from 1 lemon (also add 1/2 tsp zest)

2 Tbsp white wine vinegar

1/3 c sugar

1 Tbsp vegetable oil

1 tsp. poppy seeds

Salad:

1/4 c toasted almonds

8 oz. strawberries

1/2 cucumber, sliced and cut in half

1/4 small red onion, sliced thin

6 oz. baby spinach

I didn't have any lemon or poppyseeds the first time I made it and it still tasted fine!

Other things I've added that have been tasty: Craisins, candied walnuts

The dressing can be assembled ahead of time but I wouldn't suggest combining the salad and dressing until just before serving. The vinegar seems to make the lettuce wilt.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite go to recipes. If you don't have stawberries you can use mandarin oranges and sugared nuts.

    ReplyDelete