Monday, May 16, 2011

Vermont Maple Blueberry Salad

This salad is so delicious at Cafe Zupas. Could I recreate it? I think I can.
1 head Romaine Lettuce, cleaned and chopped
Fresh Blueberries
1-2 Granny Smith Apples
Crumbled Blue Cheese
Cinnamon sugared Almonds (below)
Maple Vinaigrette (below)

Toss and serve. Yum!

Maple Vinaigrette
(all amounts are approximate. I just poured what I thought might work)
3T White Wine Vinegar
1/4 c sugar, dissolved in the vinegar
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/4 c maple syrup
1/2 tsp dry mustard
dash onion powder


Cinnamon Sugared Almonds
1 c raw almonds (I actually like to chop them a bit before sugaring them, make them bite size)
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 c water

Combine sugar with cinnamon then add water. Boil in a saucepan and add almonds, stirring often if not constantly. Cook until moisture has evaporated. Spread on cookie sheet to cool.


2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm...looks sooooo good! I'll have to try that one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for amazingness. this salad is amazing. ca't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete